The Barony of Mordenvale gathers of a Sunday afternoon at Charlestown South Primary School. People gather from 2pm onwards at the Gari Street side of the school. Anyone is welcome to attend and there are no requirements to attend. If you are not a member of the SCA and wish to participate then there are day memberships available for $5. For SCA members there are no additional costs however gold coin donations are appreciated to help offset venue hire costs. If you are a minor (under 18) you will require a supervising adult to attend with you.
Events at gathering can include:
- Armored combat training – As per Lochac conventions
- Rapier – As per Lochac Fencing conventions
- Archery – Normally target archery, occasionally combat. These days are pre-arranged so equipment can be brought to site
- Dancing – Practising an assortment of Medieval Dances
- Arts and Sciences – Costuming, research discussions and other non combat related activities, generally held on the last Sunday of each month
- Games – both table and group outdoor period games.
Below is a link to the address the group uses.
Google map for directions: https://goo.gl/maps/7zkwz
Semi Regular and Social Events
These events are also held weekly when availability of people and sites permits:
- Dancing at Mayfield on Monday nights at Mayfield Anglican Church (currently on hiatus).
- Wednesday Night Fighter Training and Lambton Anglican Hall.
- Cooking with Mistress Leoba every second Saturday (NOTE – not an official SCA event).
To see all our events (Baronial and Social) please check the calendar regularly.